Melbourne is really a wonderful place to live in – there is great coffee, delicious food places and the city is just so ridiculously beautiful
But this winter though…
So I have been making heaps of soups at home to keep myself warm (literally standing in front of the stove to keep myself from freezing). So I decided to write up the recipe for one of the better soups I have served up over the past couple of weeks.
* I made a huge batch to freeze
- 1 1/2 cup of diced peeled sweet potato
- 1 1/2 cup of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 thinly sliced brown onion
- 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can of diced tomato
- 3 tsp of tomato paste
- 1 thinly sliced habanero chilli (mostly because Andres has been complaining about how I don’t put enough chilli in my food)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Greek yogurt / Cream to serve
- Heat olive oil in a large pot; add the sweet potato, cauliflower, onion and chickpeas and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chillis and Garam Masala and salt and fry for a few more minutes and then add the diced tomato and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and vegetable stock, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender (stir occasionally).
- When serving the soup and stir in the cream or yogurt.
Hopefully it comes out as amazing as it did for me and makes you feel warm and happy 😀