Why do we seek to control and micro manage?
Why do we so easily adopt the “my way is the only way” mantra?
Why is it that someone who doesn’t like to be loud and obnoxiously dominant as being weak and ignorant?
Why is that that letting go and trusting that others are just as capable as you are, is an incredibly difficult thing to do?
Is it that our egos are so ridiculously inflated?
Is it because we don’t trust each other as human beings to come through for one another?
Is it just something that is built into our system?
I struggle with this, both as a person who needs to control but also as a person who often gets stifled by those who are controlling and dominant.
I am working on one side of it though – I always remind myself that “life will be a lot less stressful if I let go and have faith” but what do I do about the controllers?
I usually find myself emotionally and physically emotional by the end of each week and I always find myself still tired after the weekend which means Mondays are just terrible days. So I have started doing little things to wind down and recover from the usual work week.
- Venting – I am blessed with an amazing partner who is patient and listens to my hour long rants about everything and I pretty much exhaust myself from complaining but at the end of the venting session I feel so great and all the pent up frustrations and negativity isn’t there anymore (not sure how Andres feels though HAH)
- Shopping – I am not a shopaholic per say but I try and treat myself to a cute outfit every week. I am not a huge spender but I think I do feel good when I look good so why not , right?
- Cups of peppermint tea – need I say more?
- What would Tay Tay Do – Every now and again I like just turn up the volume and shake it off
to all the pop/ hip hop songs out there (hold your judgment please, thanks)
- Crafting – I try and get myself engrossed in some kind of crafty project every week (right now it’s all about creating a Great Gatsby themed cupcake tower). Although I am not a crafty person, I love the whole process of looking (mostly because pintrest is amazing!)
- Yoga – once I get myself on to the mat, everything else just slips away and I can completely switch off
- Indulge – chocolate to ice cream to creme brulee to pork belly (woah that escalated quickly)
- Planning – okay so may it isn’t winding per say but going through my calendars and to do lists helps me sort out my priorities and can I just say it is freaking fantastic feeling to go through your to do list and tick things you have finished #workaholic
So, I can’t think of more ways right now – mostly because it’s past midnight and I should be asleep now but, tell me what you think and maybe share your ways too?