I usually find myself emotionally and physically emotional by the end of each week and I always find myself still tired after the weekend which means Mondays are just terrible days. So I have started doing little things to wind down and recover from the usual work week.
- Venting – I am blessed with an amazing partner who is patient and listens to my hour long rants about everything and I pretty much exhaust myself from complaining but at the end of the venting session I feel so great and all the pent up frustrations and negativity isn’t there anymore (not sure how Andres feels though HAH)
- Shopping – I am not a shopaholic per say but I try and treat myself to a cute outfit every week. I am not a huge spender but I think I do feel good when I look good so why not , right?
- Cups of peppermint tea – need I say more?
- What would Tay Tay Do – Every now and again I like just turn up the volume and shake it off
to all the pop/ hip hop songs out there (hold your judgment please, thanks)
- Crafting – I try and get myself engrossed in some kind of crafty project every week (right now it’s all about creating a Great Gatsby themed cupcake tower). Although I am not a crafty person, I love the whole process of looking (mostly because pintrest is amazing!)
- Yoga – once I get myself on to the mat, everything else just slips away and I can completely switch off
- Indulge – chocolate to ice cream to creme brulee to pork belly (woah that escalated quickly)
- Planning – okay so may it isn’t winding per say but going through my calendars and to do lists helps me sort out my priorities and can I just say it is freaking fantastic feeling to go through your to do list and tick things you have finished #workaholic
So, I can’t think of more ways right now – mostly because it’s past midnight and I should be asleep now but, tell me what you think and maybe share your ways too?